What I Wish Everyone Knew About SF6 Gas Recovery and Filling?
This article will discuss the characteristics and applications of SF6 gas, why we need to recover SF6 gas and introduce Yuneng’s SF6 gas recovery and treatment device.
What is SF 6 Gas?
SF6, an inorganic compound, is a colorless, odorless, non-toxic, non-flammable stable gas at room temperature and pressure.
Some properties of SF6 gas:
- odorless and Colorless
- 5 times heavier than air
- Temperature resistant up to 500 °C
- chemically stable
- Good dielectric properties
- Excellent arc extinguishing performance
- and others
Application of Sf6 Gas
1. It plays a role in the smelting and casting process of non-ferrous metals and can also be used for degassing, and purification of aluminum and its alloy melts.
2. The current interrupter with sulfur hexafluoride has a high voltage rating and is not easy to burn.
3. Sulfur hexafluoride can be used as an insulating medium for coaxial cables, various accelerators, ultra-high voltage accumulators, and microwave transmission.
4. Sulfur hexafluoride can be used as a tracer for the determination of air pollution, and the tracer distance can reach 100km. It is used as standard gas in meteorological and environmental testing departments to prepare a standard gas mixture or tracer.
5. Due to its good chemical stability and non-corroding equipment, it can be used as a refrigerant in the refrigeration industry. When used as a refrigerant, it can replace Freon and has no damaging effect on the ozone layer at all, which meets the requirements of environmental protection and is a refrigerant with great development potential.
6. Used as arc extinguishing in high voltage switchgear and as an insulating material for large capacity transformers. Mainly used for arc extinguishing in high-voltage switches and used as insulating materials in large-capacity transformers and high-voltage cables.
7. It can also be used in particle accelerators and arresters. It can be used as a gas insulator for electronic equipment and radar waveguides.
8. As a new generation of ultra-high voltage insulating dielectric materials. SF6 can be used for gas insulation of electronic and electrical equipment as a good gas insulator. Electronic grade high-purity sulfur hexafluoride is a good electronic etchant that can be used in the field of microelectronics. In the microelectronics industry, SF6 can be used to etch silicon surfaces and remove organic or inorganic films from semiconductor materials and as a single-film fiber spacer dopant during the manufacture of optical fibers.
9. It can be used as a plasma etching and cleaning agent in the manufacture of large-scale integrated circuits such as computer chips and LCD screens.
10. Doping gas for nitrogen excimer lasers.
11. In addition, SF6 has a high stopping ability for alpha particles and can also be used in radiochemistry.
Why We Need SF6 Gas Recovery?
Pure SF6 gas is colorless, odorless, and basically non-toxic, but once the purity is not enough to mix with toxic impurities, or under the action of high-power arc, spark discharge, and corona discharge, the SF6 gas can decompose and release a variety of toxic substances. Suppose SF6 is not properly controlled in the use process, or there is a leak in the gas recovery process. In that case, it will not only pollute the environment but also adversely affect the normal operation of electrical equipment and the health of employees. Therefore, we need to correctly and safely carry out the SF6 gas recycling.
How does SF6 Gas Refilling and Treatment
Our SF6 recovery and treatment machine consists of an SF6 compressor, vacuum pump, vacuum system with anti-oil return device, condensing system, liquid storage tank, purification system with built-in regenerative filter drier, dust filter, ball valve, vacuum gauge and electrical control, pressure detection and alarm device control and instrument panel and other auxiliary facilities.
It is used in the manufacturing plant, use, operation, scientific research, and other departments of SF6 gas-insulated electrical equipment to evacuate various electrical equipment, charge the electrical equipment with SF6 gas, and recover SF6 gas from the electrical appliances used or tested. Purified and compressed for storage in storage tanks.
The recovery and purification charging and discharging device are suitable for SF6 electrical appliances and GIS combined electrical appliances.
The Function of SF6 Gas Recovery and Filling Machine
1. Vacuum and measure the device itself, SF6 switch, and GIS;
2. Vacuum the liquefaction tank and measure it;
3. Vacuum the device itself and measure it;
4. Inflate the SF6 switch;
5. Recycling and processing SF6 gas in electrical equipment: including water treatment and oil treatment;
6. Treatment of recovered and recharged SF6 gas: drying and purification;
7. Recycling and liquefying SF6 gas in SF6 electrical appliances;
8. Compressed liquid storage of SF6 gas.
About China Oil Purifier
We not only produce and sell SF6 gas recovery and treatment devices, but we also produce various filtration and purification devices such as oil testers, transformer oil purifiers, lubricating oil purifiers, and transformer oil regeneration machines. If you want to know related information or buy related products, please feel free to contact us.